- System requirements:
- An "Intel" Macintosh computer running OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” or later.
- By default, Safari will automatically expand the download into an executable app that you can just double-click and run. If you have changed your default download settings, you may have to double-click the “EtreCheck.zip” file to expand it into an executable file that you can double-click to run.
- EtreCheck does not need to be installed. You can run it right from your Downloads folder. Of course, you can also drag it into your Applications folder and run it from there.
- When you are done with EtreCheck, just drag it to the trash.
- Changes in this version:
EtreCheck version 3.1.5 has the follow changes:
- User interface improvements.
- Bug fixes.
- Updates adware and whitelist signatures to detect malware signed with valid Apple signatures.
- Source Code:
- EtreCheck is an open source project. Clone the source from GitHub, read it, compile your own version, or file some bug reports.