Free download EtreCheck
What does EtreCheck report?
- Exact Macintosh model.
- Installed RAM size and speed.
- RAM upgrade instructions from Apple (if applicable to your machine)
- Link to Apple technical specifications for your machine.
- Link to Apple user guide for your machine.
- Link to Apple service and warranty information for your machine.
- Installed hard disk model, manufacturer, size, type, and free space.
- Video graphics card and attached displays.
- Attached USB, Firewire, and Thunderbolt peripherals and external hard drives.
- 3rd party kernel extensions.
- Hidden software that is always running in the background.
- Information about your Time Machine backup.
- Any unusual system modifications.
- Tasks sorted by CPU usage.
- Tasks sorted by RAM usage.
- Free and used RAM.
- Kernel panic reports, crash reports, and other diagnostics.
What problems can EtreCheck find?
- Failing hard disk drive.
- Insufficient RAM.
- Failed background tasks.
- Potential security risks.
- Lack of Time Machine backup.
- Runaway processes.
- Obsolete software.
What about adware?
- EtreCheck detects common adware.
- EtreCheck identifies unknown files that could be new adware.
- EtreCheck allows you to delete adware or unknown file.
- Legitimate software is protected from accidental deletion.
Each individual line in the EtreCheck report may not have much meaning by itself. But taken together, the whole report tells a story about what is going on inside your Macintosh.