EtreCheck 5 is a major new update for EtreCheck
- Available in both the App Store and directly from Etresoft.
- Detects over 50 specific problems and identifies them as serious or minor.
- EtreCheck is now free for basic use. The free version will show major and minor issues, generate a text report, and detect and remove adware. Additional functionality is available via in-app purchase.
- An in-app purchase enables an advanced interface with more detailed information, graphs, charts, and easy-to-use buttons for various tasks. Available free to anyone who already has an EtreCheck 4 license.
- EtreCheck can now generate solutions for your problem and major and minor issues using its AI-powered online diagnostic engine. Solutions are available with an in-app purchase.
- Many improvements and bug fixes.
Problems: major and minor
- EtreCheck clearly lists any problems it detects.
- Problems are divided into major, that need immediate attention, and minor, that you can ignore if you want.
- Each problem includes a link that takes you right to the information that applies to it.
Advanced user interface
- The advanced interface groups information into several different categories.
- Each section includes additional details that pertain to the information in that section.
- Extensive information about your Mac, including detailed descriptions and links to additional support resources from Apple and others.
- Now includes easy-to-use buttons to remove adware and easily fix some simple problems.
- Includes graphs, tables, and images to help you better see and understand the information.
- Available as an in-app purchase with no expiration date.
- Each major and minor issue includes a solution for that issue.
- Includes one or more step-by-step tasks you can follow to resolve your Mac problems.
- Available for an in-app purchase for a single, individual report.
- A solution purchase will also enable the Advanced user interface for a single, individual report.